Monday, 5 July 2021: Introduction into pharmaceutical systems and policies
- The pharmaceutical value chain
- Institutional and policy framework
- Practical exercise: Stakeholder analysis
- Challenges for ensuring access around the globe
Tuesday, 6 July 2021: Pharmaceutical pricing
- Rationale for price regulation
- Toolbox of pricing policies for new medicines and for generic and biosimilar medicines*
- Special topic: Implementing external price referencing - which is the best design?
- Practical exercise: Where to find price information and how to compare medicine prices?
- Pricing in the supply chain – How to remunerate wholesalers and pharmacies?
Wednesday, 7 July 2021: Reimbursement and procurement
- Study visits: Meet the policy makers!
- How to prioritise and select medicines for public funding? Introduction into reimbursement*
- Pharmaceutical procurement*(new procurement tools, experiences in centralised / joint procurement)
Thursday, 8 July 2021: Addressing challenges in pharmaceutical policy
- Managed entry agreements – can they improve patient access? Country experience*
- Focus topic “transparency”: The Transparency Resolution of the World Health Assembly 2019 and WHO initiatives
- Medicine shortages
- Panel discussion: How are we managing the COVID-19 pandemic? Panel discussion with guests involved in crisis management
Friday, 9 July 2021: Pharmaceutical strategies and reflections
- Country poster session
- Presentation and discussion of the group work
- “Cookbook” of pharmaceutical policy options
- Follow-up avenues
* Thematic input related to policy examples and experience will be, to a large extent, provided from European countries.