Update (16 April 2020):
We regret to announce that we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 WHO CC Summer School on Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies which was scheduled to be held in Vienna at the end of July 2020.
We are very sorry for the postponement, but the decision was made with student and faculty safety in mind. Logistically, the week sees several speakers traveling from all over the globe to the summer school venue to deliver their topics, catering and accommodation need to be reliably available and the international attendees have to be able to reach Vienna. All of these aspects have become much less certain due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
We are exploring the possibility of organising the School in December ’20/January ’21 or July/August ’21. Any comments are welcome. We will keep you informed of our plans on this site and our newsletter (register here).
If you have already sent an application for this year, we can assure you that we will consider your application also in the postponed version of the summer school. We will be making further announcements about the postponed Summer School during summer 2020.
The WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies at the Austrian National Public Health Institute in Vienna together with the World Health Organization (WHO), Regional Office for Europe is offering for the fourth time a five-day training course for professionals of competent authorities and public institutions working in the field of pricing and reimbursement of medicines. International scientific experts and experienced national policy-makers will provide insights into pharmaceutical policies related to medicine pricing and reimbursement - at the time of launching new medicines, before or after the launch.
When and where? Monday, 27 July - 31 July 2020 in Vienna (Austria)
Who should attend?
- Representatives of competent authorities in the field of pricing and reimbursement of medicines (policy makers, technical staff), and
- Payers in the health care system (e.g. health insurance institutions / sickness funds, ministries, medicines agencies, private health insurance institutions)
- Researchers involved in policy-advice
Participants from all over the globe are accepted. The Summer School accepts a maximum of 30 participants.
Topics that will be covered:
- Pharmaceutical policies as a part of health systems and in the framework of Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- Overview of pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement policies
- Medicine price surveys, analyses and comparisons
- Policies for high-priced medicines as well as for generic and biosimilar medicines
- Current challenges in access to medicines and potential solutions
- Patent protection of medicines and policies for off-patent medicines
WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies, Austrian National Public Health Institute (Gesundheit Österreich GmbH)
World Health Organization, Regional Office for Europe
Details (Fees, application, detailed programme):
Please visit the Summer School website: https://ppri.goeg.at/summerschool2020
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about pharmaceutical policies, to discuss the incentives and dynamics behind with scientific experts and peers in other countries!